I'm sitting here drinking a nice cup of hot coffee, waiting an incoming rain storm and reading blogs. I find this relaxing. We live in a house of 13 (as if you hadn't heard that from me before) but someday my brother and his wife and their kids are going to move out and I am going to miss them. I have so enjoyed getting close with my niece and nephew. I need to blog more of the funny things that they say but I'll start with these two things that happened this week. (If you already saw this on Facebook, bear with me.)
My niece, Katelyn, in my eyes can do no wrong. She is just the sweetest little girl. I've really never seen her act in an unkind way to her brother although her mom and my mom told me last week that she has her moments. I didn't believe them but then on Wednesday morning I was in my room and just listening to the goings-on of the morning and Natalie is getting the kids ready to go to the park for play group with moms from the church. I listen to Katelyn, walking in the bathroom to get her hair done, say, "Does Ethan have to be my brother today? Natalie, says ,"Katelyn" (you know that tone a mom has when disapproving). Katleyn goes on to say," Ashlyn called me and just wants to play with me today." I hear Natalie say to me, "See? I told you!" I just had to laugh.
Thinking of a new series, or an attempt at one. Mainly based upon our experiences thus far with dating and early marriage.
Just a side note on Coby and Caleb. I told Coby that if his voice doesn't normalize we are going back to the ENT. He kind of sounds plugged up and the doctor said this is normal and would take up to a month to heal and we are over that time. I really hope it won't require another nose surgery but he can't go on in life making these sounds haha! (Won't do it to you Cobes )Caleb, is so much better but still needs more rest then he thinks. We are waiting for approval for an MRI to check and make sure all the ligaments are fine in his neck and back are fine. I really feel it all is but will be thankful for the check to make sure before he goes back to volleyball.
My nephew, Ethan, whom my daughter and I have named Monkey is a bullet. He is so everything you think of with that nickname. He calls me Suey. I don't want to forget that. I'll be sad when he grows out of that. So, this same day they are going to the park, I am in my room putting clothes away and my back is turned from the door. I hear Monkey come in and I turn to say, "Hi, Monkey" only to be greeted by cold squirts of water in my face and lots of laughter. Natalie hears me say, "Hey!" and then I hear giggles coming from the bathroom. A sweet, little voice says, "I told him to go get Aunt Suey." Now he sees the squirt bottle and it's can I go get Aunt Suey?
April 17th Natalie is due with their third child. His name is going to be Will Lane Green. I think the name Will has Monkey 2 all over it! ;) Can't wait and I get to sleep still because it is not mine! (Do you understand the excitement?)