I thought I would give a little update. We are moving into a new house, with my whole family. We are very excited for this time. The Lord has blessed my parents with a great find of a home, it's just beautiful. Escrow was suppose to close originally on August 25Th, with us moving Labor Day weekend. Needless to say escrow was pushed to Sept. 9Th. Tom and I thought no problem, we will just go into the leasing office for an extension to stay in our apartment for two more weeks. Our concern was for my Grandma (who is moving in with us) and my brother Matt, his wife Natalie and their two young children(whom are also moving in with us). Everyone of us had given our month notice on our current apartments, so we were all scheduled to move out the same weekend. I really felt that of all of us trying to extend our stays we'd have no problem. The Lord does have a sense of humor, I went to the office and low and behold they had rented our apartment out and we were the ones who had to move. Everyone else was able to work something out. It was really kind of funny because I had been behind on my packing and now had three days to finish and move out. Graciously, my parents asked us to come "bunk" with them for the week and a half. Now, my parents have a two bedroom apartment in the same complex as we did, in fact they are just one floor down from us. So, my family moved us out that weekend and moved all our things into their garage and us into their already full apartment. Well, Sept. 9Th has come and gone and what a bumpy road it has been. Thankfully my parents signed their papers yesterday and so escrow will close this Friday or Tuesday. Here's the kicker. My Grandma has to move out of her place this Saturday and my brother and his family by this Monday. So, here's how this will work if needed. My Grams will go into a hotel, my parents will go into a hotel, and my brother and his family will come in with us. To top it off my brother-in-law comes into town to work for my parents this Monday night, which would put him into a hotel as well. So, that is where we are at thus far. I would love to post pictures but I packed my camera, so that will have to wait. The Lord is good!
On top of this I have not been feeling well since we moved in. Allergies. Yuk! Well, two days ago, I went to eat a piece of corn on the cob from Trader Joe's. As soon as I finished it, I noticed my mouth starting to swell and my throat swelling as well. A half hour later, my face all swollen so it was affecting my speech and my swallowing, I called Tom to see if this was serious. He rushed home, took one look at me and we were off to the ER. Well, it was really kind of funny. he wanted to take a picture but I said "no". They had never seen something like this happen from corn on the cob and just out of the blue. I've eaten corn all my life. So, a nice Benadryl shot later and some steroids, I was on my way home. I'm on steroids and an allergy med for the next week. As if I needed help being "puffy." Who would have guessed eating organic corn would fill you up with toxins.
My point in all of this though is that this is all nothing. Simple trials, the Lord in complete control and only temporary. I have been following some blogs about some families who have been going through tremendous trials. Families completely trusting the Lord and being used in a mighty way for God's glory.Reading their stories puts "all this" into a proper perspective. Sure, it can still be hard and frustrating and my hearts attitude is not always as it should be, but in the whole big picture, this is the small stuff. I can only pray that if and when my life experiences trials like these families have endured and are enduring, I will be as faithful in my walk as they are. Here are these note worthy blogs. Tom and I either know these families personally or of them. Please keep them in your prayers.
The Kostjuk Family
http://www.kostjuk5.blogspot.com/
The Sanderson Family
http://thesandersonfam.blogspot.com/
The Nelson Family
http://www.freewebs.com/momentswithmoriah/
The Waldeck Family
http://waldeckclan.blogspot.com/
Heather's Walk
http://especiallyheather.com/
The Harasick Family
http://www.countrylivingshadowhills.blogspot.com/
The Harasick's lost their oldest son, Brady, to cancer, to Heaven's gain. He was Corrine's baptism buddy. Each of these families have lost a child or are going through deep trial with a child's sickness or possible home going to be with the Lord. One of these is a mom, going through cancer.
This is perspective for me when I feel as if my trials are growing. They are all faithful examples of trusting in Jesus and His promises. The all love the Lord and are amazing!