
This morning I was driving my boys to school and as always after I have dropped off Caleb I switch the station over to a local Christian broadcast where I usually catch the tail end of a message by Greg Laurie. Today he was sharing a message on grieving and he was sharing about the loss of his son not too long ago.
There have been a lot of people that have been going through very hard trials, especially it seems of late, there really has been one request after another. There have been sudden deaths, timely deaths, of the young and middle aged. There have been life changing strokes and diseases and sickness requiring hospitalization. There are marriages struggling to stay held together, families struggling with parenting, adoptions that have not happened. Cancer treatments, unsaved families...it goes on. I know of someone going through each one of these situations right now. In each instance they have been believers in our church body and another church dear to my heart and although they would say they have had their very "tough" moments and what they might consider to be "weak" moments, their lights have shined ever greater. What great examples to me.
So, as I was listening to Greg speak of the loss of his son and the very real moments of tears and sadness there was hope all in and through this hard time. The same with all these other families I know. Their very hard situations are wrapped around Jesus Christ and the hope to come in Heaven. They will leave a legacy of great testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness to them that has been on display for His glory.
So, I question myself as to what my legacy will be. I am afraid to some that knew my past it will be regretful. The times I had claimed to be saved and not lived it was far too long in my life. A couple of years ago, there was an "event" in my life that changed me. I was way too concerned about pleasing someone and spent far too much time "working" with that relationship. What it did was draw me to the Lord. I gave that too Him for it was never mine to control in the first place and so my focus, my goal changed. So, what will my legacy be? How will I be remembered? Will my life be one that someone could say, "She lived faithful unto the Lord all the days of her life."? "Follow, her example".
I can not change my past, and I know that what the Lord allowed me to go through was for my salvation and is for my refinement. I can change how I choose to live now, moment by moment, giving my all to His kingdom.
Colossians 3:1-2, " If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is,sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."
This chapter is great for looking on what to put off and what to put on.
Tom, I love you and I thank you for your patience with me and for guiding me and showing me how to live a life given to God! You are truly leaving a Godly Legacy. Legacy=Lord