Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Room

Some of you have been following our story about Tom and I and our "room". So as a reminder here it is thus far. Two years ago Tom and the kids and I down sized our living into a two bedroom apartment. For the sakes of our kids privacy we gave the two enclosed bedrooms to our kids. One to Corrine and one to the boys. Tom and I slept in the living room on a pull out sofa. The size being oh maybe about the size of a double bed. Oh, I need to mention Chip sleeps on it too. (Yeah, I know, no need for words). So, when we moved into our house six months ago with 13 of us, the idea was to enclose the loft for Tom and I as our room. This is coming to fruition. YEAH! I can not begin to tell you how excited I am to have our own room again and a large one at that. It sure has been a good lesson on appreciating all the blessings we have. I think we have more people excited on this than Tom and I lately though, which is so sweet. So, here's the progress thus far. The guys have worked so very hard! Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be painting and then I'll post the results!

The wall built on the floor first, and I painted the outside to match the rest of the unpainted house so far.

One of the few times I have seen a drill in Tom's hand. My dad is a good teacher.

The guys on Saturday working hard.

My brother looking as if he is passing a kidney stone.

Tom mudding for the second round. We have a door! Do you see that?