Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Apologies to my son

Have you ever had a brain freeze that ended up affecting one of your children and you just felt so terrible? That was me today. My son was suppose, well, Lord willing be a licensed driver today. The thing is that he waited an extra month because the DMV is so backed up in scheduled appointments that it takes that long to get in. So, I think this morning I awoke more nervous than he was. I don't remember being this nervous when Corrine went for her test, but she said it was because she and I expected her to fail ha ha. She doesn't test very well, but in deed she did pass. Caleb seemed very confident,which I was thankful because it was raining today as well. So, I picked him up from school this morning, we dropped Corrine of at COC and Caleb and I went to Starbucks and then for a little drive around the DMV neighborhood. We decided to get there early and prayed before going in. We waited in line for 20 minutes got up to the front, only to be told we could not take the test today because we didn't have the certificate of his completed drivers training. Bummer! Majorly! I felt so bad and then to top it off they could not get him in until November 9th, another month. To my son, that seems like another year! I felt so bad! Just one of those days.