I'm going to be a bridesmaid again. Is there some kind of age limit on this kind of thing? It is a sweet story actually. There is a young couple Tom and I started "pre-engagement" counseling with this last spring. Adam Howard and Erin Augustson. They actually have got us thinking that pre engagement counseling is the way to go. It's been a pleasure and a joy to get to know them and to see the Lord's blessing in their lives. The Lord has been so guiding in bringing us couples whom we have just grown to love and cherish and all of them we still keep in touch with and praise the Lord they are all thriving and seeking the Lord. We always pray for our counsel to be from the Lord and not of ourselves but we try to be very practical. They get to see into our lives as well, it's real. So, we are so excited for Adam and Erin's wedding on November 20th. Erin sent me the sweetest card and at the end of her note she wrote "Will you be my bridesmaid?' I definitely teared up, this is a first to have one of our couples seek to have us be a special part of that day, so I said, "Yes, I would be honored".
Ok, now fast forward to the next hour of pure panic! What did I say? I am 41 years old, short, having to color my hair for that day, looking for heels to make myself a little taller next to them all...and then it came to me...THE DRESS...I have to find a dress that actually looks decent on me! Now, Erin is allowing for everyone to go pick their own dress and just gave us a basic style (long, maxi) and a color palette. Can I tell you that I love this girl! Someone who actually thinks about the cost for her ladies! So, out I went today shopping and I have actually found 3 dresses I like, all of which need material up front, a light jacket type of thing and major hemming but I found them, lol and all under $45.00. Now, I need help choosing. I think I'll post a picture of the one I decide to get. Panic number 2, is wanting to lose another 10 pounds before then, thankfully I have been losing weight and have a little start. With this type of dress it is a must to be tall and lean, totally opposite of me, but I'll work it somehow. Any ways, that was my day today, not anything new worthy for sure but fun.