Monday, July 14, 2008

Corrine turns 18!

So, this year for our daughter's birthday we decided to go easy. It has been such a busy time with prom and graduation that a nice, small, inexpensive (does that even exist?) birthday celebration seemed appropriate and she was all ready for something simple. We enjoyed a relaxing day, starting with her favorite lunch at Panda Express and then shopping for her gift and Matt's gift (his birthday was only 2 weeks earlier and since he was leaving for a 2 and a half week vacation, we celebrated both that night) and then dinner at her pick, La Cocina, our favorite Mexican restaurant.
I surprised Corrine by pulling her into a little store called Claire's where she had her cartilage pierced, OUCH! I almost joined her, but wondered how that would look when I was 80, which seems nearer these days! Oh, and for clarification it was her ear!
My brother, Matthew's birthday is the same day, so after dinner my parents invited us over for homemade cakes (my dad is the best cake baker!) and ice cream ( wonderfully creamy Blue Bell ice cream, which they ordered for Matthew, since it is his favorite).
The next day we took Corrine's, Aunt Lisa, out for lunch to Bob's Big Boy (she was visiting from Indiana), to which I got lost and Lisa actually found the restaurant for us, go figure!
Then Corrine's Uncle Tony, Aunt Gidget and cousin Jimi took her out for dinner for her birthday.
It's been a full, blessed year, one Tom and I will always cherish! We love you dearly Corrine!


Corrine and her dad




Caleb, Coby and Corrine
Mateo and Corrine
Corrine was so emabarressed, but Matt took it in stride saying, "Oh, there will be more to come Corrine!"


Papa's famous cakes! Happy Birthday to you!!


Uncle Matt, same birthday, eleven years apart

Uncle Jonathan


Aunt Lisa has known Corrine all her life

Uncle Tony, Corrine, Aunt Gidget and Jimi