
Corrine wanted a pet of some sort. Given her choice it would have been a puppy but one spontaneous day when I was out, she went and bought a tank and a fish, actually two fish. So, thinking it was a piece of cake to set up a fish tank she literally just "threw" it together, plopped in her fish, added chemicals and "wall-lah". Not quite...I came home to tell her you just can't set up a tank and drop your fish in your newly treated water all at one time. I also learned that she added enough chemicals to treat a 10 gallon tank and hers was only a one gallon. I tried to prepare her for death, death of Fabrizio and Bianca.
So, two days later Bianca met the porcelain water way to her graveyard. I tried not to laugh, really, i felt sorry for her fish, it wasn't their fault. Tom and I are now calling her "Darla"(remember Darla from Finding Nemo?) She had chemically overdosed her fish. I tried to prepare her for the death of Fabrizio, but Fabrizio wasn't dying. He was running into the walls (I'm sure from drug overdose) and probably a bit crazy now too. Corrine's tank was just a mess so I said, "Let's start this over and do it right." So we did and after getting the water tested we added Francesca to the tank. I remember seeing her one day at the bottom corner of the tank, much like Fabrizio is in the picture. I thought ,"oh no, she's going to die." She did...
Now, Corrine has been gone since Sunday and I have to keep Fabrizio alive for at least three more days. He is spending much time in the corner of the tank.
See Corrine's bamboo plant in the back? I noticed it needed water and gave it some. Hoping that will help keep Fabrizio going too. (Yeah, I have no idea why, but sometimes my little brain works that way). I'll let you know how it goes.