I found this verse in Daniel this morning and I was thinking about the many things coming up that are changing, the government, the economy, relationships, living quarters, employment, schedules...
This verse encourages me in that God is the one in control of all things, Presidents, the coming rule of the anti christ (for his brief time), family and friends, where we live, what state we live in, what country we live in, jobs, worrying about security of our jobs, day to day life, school starting again, family going back to school, health...
Nothing happens outside of His control and His plan and His timing. They are perfect!What a relief that is to me, that I don't have to worry about it. I do my part to be faithful and responsible towards my freedom to choose, my thoughts, my time and use discernment and wisdom as I move forward but He is in control and because I am His child I can trust and have peace in that no matter what the outcome in all these things He is in control...
Daniel 2:20-22 says,
Daniel said,"Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever,
For wisdom and power belong to Him.
"It is He who changes the times and the epochs;
He removes kings and establishes kings;
He gives wisdom to wise men
And knowledge to men of understanding.
"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things;
He knows what is in the darkness,
And the light dwells with Him.
So here are some changing things in my life... Tom is starting seminary...Corrine is starting college...Caleb will be getting his license this year...Caleb to try out for basketball,maybe...Caleb playing volleyball...Youth Group...Small Groups...Coby is playing football...Coby will be trying Martial Arts...Coby wants to be discipeled...Coby's final year in elementary school and all the activities that go along with it...Tom in seminary (oh, yeah I said that, just reminding myself)...Tom working full time still...Tom studying...Tom leading College Ministry...Tom preparing his lessons ...Corrine working and needing a ride still too school and work in order to save for a car... me driving to 3 different school, 6 times a day...My role and time with our staff, disciplining 3 young ladies, teaching how to disciple...ministering to my family...moving...moving...lol moving 3 households, 1 storage unit and a full garage to one house (a beautiful gift from the Lord, by the way)...college ministry at this already full house...helping to serve and spend time with Grams...cleaning this new, large house...cooking for at least 5-9 to a full 16 when said new house is completely full ;)...showering( this is a must, but figured it will need to be scheduled, by this point, lol) ...and last and most important...maintaining my own consistent time in the Word!....
There it is and I'm sure it will grow but PTL He is in control! "Lord, please help me to be faithful and most of all faithful to my time with You!" "Without that I know I will fall!"