Tuesday, April 14, 2009
The Companionship Principal
A friend of mine from this wonderful blog The E Wife Blogs Again wrote a post about this little booklet an author named Joel James wrote. It's about dating and I'd say it was about an hour read for me. It was excellent! I've sent it to my daughter and her boyfriend (whom I'm pretty sure have yet to read it). If this "world" has not entered your life yet, I really encourage you and your husband to sit down and make a plan for how you will parent through this phase of your children's life,should you allow someone to knock on this door of your home and then enter. I do not really like to give my opinion on the "dating" years just yet because we are just beginning and I think I should see how we survive fair through to the other side. I will say that there are a ton of opinions out there. It's irritating interesting really. I appreciate advice parenting preferences and the wide range beliefs on the topic. All I can say is that Tom and I used to believe there was no such thing as dating. Our kids wouldn't "date". Well, it is really called dating when you come down to the truth of it. It is kind of funny because out in the "Christian world of lingo" the terms are all various. This is what we hear out there now regarding the word "dating".Oh, we are "courting" (which I will say this one can be a bit different, but by today's understanding of what young people know that to mean it is closer to dating), we are "getting to know each other" and my personal favorite is the new phrase and yes it is becoming popular, we "don't give it a name, won't even say what it is until we are married". So, what I really like is that this author gives a good definition for dating and then gives some biblical view points as well as some good parenting preference thoughts. When you have some time I would upload this to your computer for the larger print and take a read!